11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2017 4:50 AM by simon_ward

FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug

simon_ward

FileMaker 16 Advanced on MacOS 10.12.4

In the inspector window you can highlight more than 1 tab. I have even been able to have two highlighted whilst on a third. Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.45.46.png

• 1. Re: FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug
          TSGal

simon_ward:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using several different key combinations of Command, option, control, fn and Shift.  Is there a specific key combination I should try?

Do you have any plug-ins enabled?

Does this issue occur with all files or just a specific file?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug
            simon_ward

TSGal

This just happens when you click from one icon to another. Try clicking back an forth. Double clicking on an icon seams like a good way to hight the wrong icon.

I have BaseElements plugin installed.

Works on the couple of files i have tried.

--

Simon Ward

Senior Developer

FileMaker 7 to 15 Certified.

Linear Blue

Innovative Data Solutions

9 Beech Court

Hurst

Berkshire

RG10 0RQ

T: +44(0) 845 521 0015

http://www.linearblue.com <http://www.linearblue.com/>

--

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and/or privileged and are only intended for the stated recipient. It is the property of Linear Blue Limited and if you are not the stated recipient you must not deal with it in any way other than to notify us of its receipt by you in error. This E-mail is not intended nor should it be taken to create any legal relations, contractual or otherwise. Any views or opinions expressed within this E-mail or attachment are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Linear Blue Limited unless otherwise specifically stated. Service is not accepted via E-mail.

Although all outgoing emails have been checked for viruses, we do not accept liability for any damage you sustain as a result of a virus. All outgoing and incoming E-mails to and from Linear Blue Limited are monitored in accordance with the Lawful Business Practice Regulations and senders of messages shall be taken to consent to the monitoring and recording of E-mails addressed to our employees.

Linear Blue Limited is a company whose registered offices are at 9 Beech Court, Wokingham Road, Hurst. Berkshire. RG10 0RQ. Company Registration 3964455

• 3. Re: FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug
              TSGal

simon_ward:

Thank you for the additional information.

I am still unable to replicate the issue with either double-clicking, triple-clicking, clicking quickly between all tabs.

If you temporarily disable the BaseElements plug-in, are you still able to replicate the issue?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug
                iaviat

I have seen this behavior as well. Basically Inspector Icons fail to highlight and update properly when an existing field is selected and you want to change a behavior. See below. Obviously the middle Inspector can't be correct.

Also when changing Field Entry to Browse Mode the Icon is 180 degrees out of Phase relative to the actual behavior.

One work around is to delete the field and replace it. Then the inspector behaves as expected.

I have only seen this behavior on files that were originally developed in previous versions  such as 14 or 15

Stephen G

Serious Solutions LLC

Bug Inspector.png

• 5. Re: FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug
                  TSGal

iaviat:

Thank you for your observations.

You said, "Also, when changing Field Entry to Browse Mode the Icon is 180 degrees out of Phase relative to the actual behavior."  Are you talking about the Inspector icons?  Could you post a screen shot?

Do you have any plug-ins enabled?  If so, which plug-ins?

Are you running under Mac or Windows platform?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug
                    iaviat

Hello,

Running a MacBook Air, No Plugins, Mac Mini Server Dual SSD.  If inspector Icon checked by blue icon, field can not be entered in browse mode. If square is highlighted and not checked field can be entered in browse mode.  If app is opened in FM 15 inspector behaves as normal.  Will post screen shot upon next observance....

Stephen Gallagher

Serious Solutions LLC

• 7. Re: FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug
                      TSGal

iaviat and simon_ward:

Does this issue occur with all objects or with only some types of objects (Fields, Buttons, etc.)?

Have you seen this issue occur with any files created in FileMaker Pro 16?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug
                        iaviat

TSGal

This problem of ‘Field entry’ Browse  Mode obviously consistently occurs with fields.  The Inspector in FM16 has other issues previously explained and see bottom Screen Shot.

Look carefully at the  enclosed screen shot Inspector 'Error Enter Browse'.  There is the faintest highlight around the box but no check mark in the browse box. This means that the field can be entered into while in the browse mode. My instinct is to click in the field because you do not see a check box however  if you go back to layout mode the check mark appears

Notice Blue Check Mark but you can not enter into that selected field in the Browse Mode….. When returning to the layout mode the blue check box has disappeared.

Also please note if you remain in the layout mode and click the blue check mark it cycles to faintly highlighted box then back to blue with each successive click.  Blue Check Mark means no entry to field.

The file is was created in 14 and Run in 15 from your Asset file and Just recently migrated to 16.  The original work around was to open the file in 15 make all the changes using inspector then reopen in 16.  Inspector seem to indicate expected field behavior accurately.

I do not have a 16 file that has not run on previous versions so I can not comment on that…..

Also see the three Inspectors below which one is correct? Notice the Database Icon is slightly highlighted on the 3rd one over…..

Stephen Gallagher

Serious Solutions, LLC

• 9. Re: FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug
                          TSGal

iaviat:

Thank you for the additional information and screen shots.  I have sent everything back to the Tester for review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug
                            TSGal

iaviat:

Our Testing team has been unable to reproduce the issue.  The tester created the Assets Starter Solution under FileMaker Pro 14, and went through all layouts under FileMaker Pro 15 and subsequently under FileMaker Pro 16.

Testing has requested a clone of your file and the steps you generally take to reproduce the issue.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: FileMaker 16 Inspector Bug
                              simon_ward

Since upgrading to v2 of FMP16 this bug seems to have gone away.