2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2017 7:03 AM by fm@codej.co.uk

List function indexes un-indexed fields

fm@codej.co.uk

Specs

FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced 15.0.3.305 connected to FileMaker Pro Server 15

Client OS: MacOS Sierra 10.12.14

Host OS: Windows 7

Client: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Host: HP 280 G1 MT Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit

Description

List ( relatedFieldInAnotherTable ) returns previously deleted entries, even when the field is not set to be indexed.

Example

See images attached

How to replicate

Create two related tables linked by a primary key. Create a number field in the related child table, leave storage as the default (Indexing NONE, Automatically create indexes as needed Checked.

I think this may occur only when the databases are hosted, possibly when the parent and child tables are in separate files.

Create a record in the parent table and a few records in the child table. Put a value in the number field in some records.

In any way e.g. in Data Viewer, evaluate List ( relatedTable::number field ) from the parent table. This will return the expected list of numbers.

Now delete the number field in all the child records.

Evaluate List ( relatedTable::number field ) from the parent table again. This will still return the original list of numbers.

Check the storage options for the number field - it will still be showing as not indexed.

Even repeated Refreshes with all the options checked will not change this.

Workaround

Un-check the Automatically created indexes as needed option in the storage options for the number field. This fixes the issue.

Screenshots

FMP15 Bug List function not updating A.png

FMP15 Bug List function not updating Index A.png

FMP15 Bug List function not updating B.png

FMP15 Bug List function not updating Index B.png