AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationship/TO troubles on a report layout

Question asked by theaudone on May 12, 2017
Latest reply on May 16, 2017 by Jaymo

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me sort through this problem I'm having. I'm creating a report layout and my relationship graph is making my head spin, I think I have a problem referencing the right TO but I'm not sure...

Set up: It's a performance evaluation tool. An evaluation is stored on the perf_eval table, the questions for the evaluation are stored in a lookup table (sslu) and the ratings are stored in a second lookup table (critrat_lu) There is a join table that stores the evaluation number, the question number and the rating the employee received on each question (ss_eval_dtls) The citrat_lu is related many times in the database to every join table therefore there is a TO of the ss_eval_dtls, ss_eval_dtls2:

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 9.57.20 AM.png

If anyone is still with me, here is my problem:

I've created a report layout that shows for an evaluation the questions with their ratings. However, I want to display the description of the rating from the lookup table (citrat_lu) not just the number stored in the join table ss_eval_dtls, and I can't get it to display. I think because the relationship actually is between citrat_lu and ss_eval_dtls2 ?????

Here is my report layout. The arrow shows the data that is displaying correctly because there is no TO for that join table, it just pulls in the description from the lookup citrat_lu, but for the next sub summary piece, in the red oval, it doesn't display the right data:

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 10.05.11 AM.png

I hope someone follows this! I know I'm just not referencing something correctly in my second parent-child portal, it works great on the first but I think, once again, it's because there is no TO to deal with....???

Audrey

Outcomes