AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMS 16 Google and Amazon OAuth for databases not working?

Question asked by Jonathan Jeffery on May 12, 2017
Latest reply on May 16, 2017 by Jonathan Jeffery

Hi

I'm running FMS16 on a Mac Mini (OS10.12.4, FMS16.0.1.184) and I'm trying to set up OAuth for a test database.

The server has a custom SSL certificate installed (GoDaddy Standard SSL) which works as expected for FMPro connections.

On the server, I enabled OAuth for Amazon and for Google.

On my Amazon Developer Console, I went to Apps & Services -> Log on with Amazon and set up a new security profile. This gave me the Client ID and Secret key that I needed to put back in FMS16, and I copied the URL given by FMS16 (i.e. https://myServer.myCompany.co.uk/oauth/redirect ) into the 'Allowed Return URLs' box.

On my Google Developer Console, I went to API manager -> Credentials and created credentials for a web app. Again, this gave me the Client ID and Secret key that I needed to put back in FMS16, and I copied the URL given by FMS16 into the 'Authorized redirect URIs' box.

I then restarted the server.

So far, so good.

Then, in my test database, I set up two new users, one with 'Authenticate via: Google' with my personal google user account name (actually my home e-mail address) and one with 'Authenticate via: Amazon' with my personal amazon user account name.

That seemed to me to be all that was required to use the new OAuth feature in FMS16.

However, whenever I try to authenticate using either account, I get the basic error message "The account and password you entered cannot be used to access this file. Please try again.". Error 661 appears in the server log each time, but this isn't much help, as it's just a basic 'authentication failed' message.

My question is, have I missed something in the set-up stages, or is this a bug?

Grateful for any help or advice.

Jon.

Outcomes