AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adventure 2 EVS: Checkboxes w/Scrollbars -- ABILITY TO ADD & REMOVE ITEMS?

Question asked by ezeitgeist on May 12, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2017 by philmodjunk

I have integrated Checkboxes w/Scrollbars into projects. I am in a situation where my goal is to have my scrollbar that can check and uncheck to keep track of items (in this case, props used in a given scene for a theater/film project). I would like the user to be able to check the items used in that scene, AND, if an item is not present, ADD that item to the list and then be able to check it. (And, delete an item added in error.)

It seems like it could be done with adding a couple of global fields, and a button to "add" a new record in the Questions Table. The thing is, I'd like the "props list" to be particular to a given Project (show). The "Respondent" table would be linked to a specific scene in a project, how would I additionally make it project-specific (I do already have a Projects table with Project_ID)?

So, to summarize:

(1) Can I utilize globals & an "add" button that refreshes the portal in its script, to add items live to a checkbox list?

(2) What is the best way to be able to "delete" an item entered in error (that is user-friendly)?

(3) How do I make the items list (Questions table) project-specific (ie. be saved for one project, but be blank at the start up of another project)?

Outcomes