manuelruizga

Filter records depending on results in a calculation field with a CASE function

Discussion created by manuelruizga on May 13, 2017
Latest reply on May 13, 2017 by TomHays

I have set a calculation field with a CASE function which, based on its calculation, gives 40 diferent results. The purpose of this field is to give information about the status in a judicial procedure depending on the data inserted in the record.

I have also set a list layout where you can see all records. I would like to filter them depending on the diferent results in this calculation field. The problem is, I can't filter this field because it is showing text inserted previously in the calculation.

To solve this I thought making 40 global fields and seting the calculation field to show as a result one of this 40 global fields (depending on its calculation). This global fields would have as text the diferent 40 results inserted before as text in the calculation field. Yet, I don't know how to filter all the records in the list layout depending on the diferent global fields this calculation field is showing.

I don't know if this is a correct aproach. I am really lost on how to do this. Any help will be apreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

Outcomes