4 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2017 5:13 PM by keywords

Went to tweak color of layout theme, theme changed.

PhillpJones

Back to ask another dumb question (for everyone to pile on).

Went to change color on theme one of my files. It was Forest Green rounded wanted the outside color to be a darker shade. When I went to change outside color to a Darker shade. The theme completely changed I find that there are only about 1/3 as many layout theme variations in 16 as there were in 15.  In addition to Rounded themes, the square themes are missing as well.

Are these layout themes available for import? and if so where?

• 1. Re: Went to tweak color of layout theme, theme changed.
          jormond

A number of themes were deprecated in FM 14 and 15, that were removed in 16.

Themes are stored at the file level. So if you have that theme saved in a file, you can import it into our file.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Went to tweak color of layout theme, theme changed.
            PhillpJones

I have one file that has been untouched so far as layout theme goes It still has the rounded corners call Forest. So I followed directions for importing  You open original go to themes choose import the select the file to import from. I did that and nothing shows so evidently it can't be imported.. Now if I could find some third part replacements.  even The square in which you have a darker color frame around rectangular strip such as Stone are no longer avaible in other word s all two toned formats have been killed off.

• 3. Re: Went to tweak color of layout theme, theme changed.
              schamblee

There are a few steps to import a theme.   I guess since FMI deprecated the themes, they don't want to make it easy to import the old theme.

1.  Create a new blank database in FMP15 (prior version)  and named it  ThemesFM15. 

2. Change the theme on the default layout to the theme you want.  I used Forest. 

3.  Manage Theme and you will see Forest listed.

4.  Click Duplicate.

5.  Rename the Duplicated theme to something more meaningful.  RoundedForest

6.  Close file

7. Open your database with FM16, the file that you want the theme in.

8.  Manage Theme

9.  Import

10.  Select the ThemeFM15 from step 1 and you will see your custom theme RoundedForest.

11.  Now you have RoundForest under custom theme in your current database.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Went to tweak color of layout theme, theme changed.
                keywords

You can only import custom themes.