2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2017 5:04 PM by datadud

I like simple..

datadud

That's why in the late '90s I acquainted myself with Filemaker Pro. Even though I have used it for many years, with all that goes on in life I have learned only what I needed to (I'm not a programmer - just a very amatuer developer (if even that). I am a volunteer coordinator for our local police department and several years ago I put together a database that tracks manhours, vehicle mileage, house watches, special events and more - it has worked very well for our needs. I am now exploring the idea of going mobile using a couple of Android tablets to access our database while out on patrol but I can't seem to load FMP (ver 8.0) onto the tablet. If it is not relatively simple and cost effective, I'll just abandon the idea. What say you (and thanks)?

Mike Austin

• 1. Re: I like simple..
          steveromig

Mike Austin wrote:

That's why in the late '90s I acquainted myself with Filemaker Pro. Even though I have used it for many years, with all that goes on in life I have learned only what I needed to (I'm not a programmer - just a very amatuer developer (if even that). I am a volunteer coordinator for our local police department and several years ago I put together a database that tracks manhours, vehicle mileage, house watches, special events and more - it has worked very well for our needs. I am now exploring the idea of going mobile using a couple of Android tablets to access our database while out on patrol but I can't seem to load FMP (ver 8.0) onto the tablet. If it is not relatively simple and cost effective, I'll just abandon the idea. What say you (and thanks)?

Mike Austin

FileMaker, Inc's mobile answer for iOS devices is a free download called FileMaker Go.

If you are interested in using / accessing your FileMaker data on a non-iOS mobile device, your best bet is to use FileMaker WebDirect, which will require your FileMaker solutions to be hosted using FileMaker Server.  There are not any FileMaker products that run natively on Android tablets but FileMaker WebDirect would allow you to access your FileMaker solutions using a compatible browser on your Android device.

Check out our website for more information on FileMaker Go, FileMaker WebDirect, and FileMaker Server.

http://www.filemaker.com/products/

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I like simple..
            datadud

Thank you for your informative reply.