There is a very minor problem with the formatting bar not refreshing properly (in both FMPA 15 and FMPA 16).
1. Open up a database where the formatting bar is hidden and locked by default. You can do this by making an opening script which has this script step: Show/Hide Toolbars [Lock; Hide]
2. Then, show the toolbars by running a script with this script step:
Show/Hide Toolbars [Show]
You'll notice that your Status Bar is showing but not your Formatting Bar. This is okay at the moment.
3. Go into layout mode.
4. Select any object that has a non-default fill color and a non-default line color.
5. Show the formatting bar by choosing View-->Formatting Bar.
6. PROBLEM: The formatting bar does not reflect the fill color and the line color of the currently-selected object. You actually need to click away from the object and then back onto the object in order for the formatting bar to update properly.
This is a problem in both FMPA 15 and FMPA 16.
Thank you for your post.
Easily reproducible if you just follow steps 4-6.
Our Development and Testing departments are aware of this issue. I have attached your post to the original report. When more information becomes available, I will post again.