1) Open data viewer
2) add multiple calcs/lines on the watch tab
3) try to grab and slide a line with the mouse -- NOPE
4) select a line and try CTRL-up or CTRL-down -- NOPE
FMPA 16 - Windows 7
Grrr...it looks like maybe the CTRL arrows aren't meant to work here? But after sliding with the mouse, it LOOKS like nothing moved. But if I click into the calc, it shows as if it HAS moved to the desired spot. But the regular dataviewer windows doesn't show it correctly.
In other words, if get(recordnumber) is on the first line and get(layoutname) is on the fourth line, I can use my mouse to slide line #4 up to the first position. It doesn't look like I'm moving or have moved anything. But if I now double-click in line 1, it shows get(layoutname), even though exiting the calc dialog still shows get(recordnumber).
Thank you for your posts.
I am unable to replicate the issue. When I click on the up-down arrow icon to the left of the monitored object/calculation, I can then drag it upwards or downwards, and the associated object/calculation moves along with it. I have tried this on Windows 7, Windows 10 and macOS Sierra 10.12.4.
Do you have any plug-ins installed? If so, temporarily disable the plug-ins and try again. If the issue still occurs, what video driver are you using?
If you create a temporary Windows account, login to the new account, launch FileMaker Pro 16, are you still able to replicate the issue?
Do you have access to another machine? Does the issue also occur there?
Naturally, I am unable to replicate it today. It's possible that all it needed was a restart. I'll add to this thread if I come across it again.
Thank you for the information. However, this may be an issue that occurs over "x" amount of time. Do you recall what actions you were performing prior to the non-moving of watched Data Viewer objects?
It wouldn't surprise me if it were only after x amount of time, as yesterday was really the first-ever time I've tried to use 16 for more than a couple hours at a time. I don't usually have much need to reshuffle that dataviewer list, so I don't know how long it had been a problem. In fact, I only got to that point of trying a rearrange because I was looking for a calc result that I was sure had been added to dataviewer 10-15 minutes prior and I wasn't seeing it there in the list.
Prior to me noticing this I had been doing a lot of layout changes, constantly in and out of layout mode, as well as many, many window openings and closings during that time (at the time of problem, I only had three regular windows open from two different db files, plus likely debugger and data viewer; I'd checked the current menu set at that time of the problem and it was set to the standard menu).
I can also tell you that by that time, 16 was showing serious high-memory issues. Everything was still reacting pretty well at that point, so I kept going and didn't want to restart (so I could try to determine what exactly was pushing the memory and not letting it go). I don't know if that was a factor with the data viewer or not; my guess is not.
Thank you for your recollections and observations.
If you happen to notice this again, please let me know and the actions taken prior. There may be a common factor between the two occurrences.
Retrieving data ...