8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2017 2:53 PM by TSGal

Script debugger - call stack 'window'

kvdb

When you initial open the script debugger (FMPA16) on OS X 10.12.4 it show the debugger in his initial state (see attached screenshot). It is annoying that the window is actually split so i make the call stack region smaller. When closing and reopening it is back in his initial state. Is this expected behaviour or a bug?

• 1. Re: Script debugger - call stack 'window'
          TSGal

kvdb:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue under macOS Sierra 10.12.4.  When I drag the middle to make the "Call Stack" area smaller, close and reopen, the "Call Stack" is still in its smaller state.  If I close all files and open Script Debugger, the "Call Stack" region is still in its smaller state.  If I quit and relaunch FileMaker Pro Advanced 16, open the Script Debugger, the "Call Stack" region is displayed in its smaller state.

Let me know your exact steps so I can try to replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Script debugger - call stack 'window'
            kvdb

Well its just by opening the script debugger..

I created a video to illustrate the problem and difference with previous version (who has the expected behaviour)

• 3. Re: Script debugger - call stack 'window'
              TSGal

kvdb:

Thank you for the video, but I am still unable to replicate the issue.  Does this occur with all files or just a specific file?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Script debugger - call stack 'window'
                kvdb

In the video I demonstrated it with every time opening a specific file, that was not actually needed. When I open FileMaker Pro Advanced 16 and open the scriptdebugger, move the call stack part, close and re-open I also has this problem.

Steps I have already done without success

• Remove FileMaker Pro Advanced and reinstall
                • Remove active plist files in the user library, so FileMaker can create them again
                • Remove every plugin in extension folder (application and library folder) and restarted
                • Ensured I have the latest version of Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73)

On my Mac I have currently from FM11 up till FM16 on my PC, since I only open one Application at once they cant be conflicting each other. Is there anything else I can do? Maybe find some logs to see where the 'fault' occurs?

• 5. Re: Script debugger - call stack 'window'
                  TSGal

kvdb:

I have tried this on two different computers, each running the latest macOS Sierra 10.12.5.

On a third machine, I updated from macOS Sierra 10.12.4 to 10.12.5, and I could not create a file as it would hang, so I removed all files that began with "com.filemaker" from:

[User Account] -> Library -> Preferences -> com.filemaker*.*

On subsequent launches, everything worked as expected, as well as the Script Debugger.

Have you tried installing FileMaker Pro 16 on another machine?  If so, does the issue still occur?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Script debugger - call stack 'window'
                    kvdb

pjew, finally found the problem but you need to take some steps to reproduce it.

1. Close all FileMaker Applications
                    2. Remove your plist files from your library folder
                    3. Start FileMaker Pro Advanced 16 and verify, everything seems to be working, the call stack window keeps remembering his position. If you close and restart FileMaker Pro Advanced 16 it keeps working! Hooraay!
                    4. Close FileMaker Pro Advanced 16. The new plist file is generated
                    5. Start FileMaker Pro Advanced 15. Drag around with the call stack window. Close and re-open to see if it work, everything gets remembers.
                    6. Close FileMaker Pro Advanced 15 and Re-open FileMaker Pro Advanced 16. Try again the call stack window and now you have the bug. It won't remember its position anymore after. It seems the plist file is not properly write/read anymore after 15 has touched it.

Added a movie to illustrate.

• 7. Re: Script debugger - call stack 'window'
                      TSGal

kvdb:

Thank you for the steps.

After following your steps, I was able to reproduce the issue in step #5.  That is, the Call Stack window does not remember the position in FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.  However, once I opened any database file in FileMaker Pro 15, I could not reproduce the issue under either FileMaker Pro 15 or FileMaker Pro 16.

I will send your steps to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Script debugger - call stack 'window'
                        TSGal

kvdb:

Development and Testing are already aware of this issue, and your post has been attached to the original report.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.