AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best way forward?

Question asked by ashley.draper@draperit.com on May 16, 2017
Latest reply on May 16, 2017 by CarlSchwarz

Hi - I'm a complete "newbie" here so please be patient

(This may not be in the right group...(

I've taken over IT support for a small company who are still running FileMaker Pro 2.1 in multiple stand-alone instances. I've successfully completed the upgrade path in a VM (.fm to .fp5 to .fp7 to .fmp12), and can open the various .fmp12 files successfully in FileMaker PRO 16 (trial), but I would like to know which end product is the best to use in his scenario? Between 5-7 users, Windows Server 2008R2 AD, file & print server in place (and a spare virtual 2008R2 licence if needed). FileMaker Server appears to tick all the boxes, but perhaps overkill given the number of users? The standard web / device functionality may come in useful down the track, but of course that is a complete unknown given how deprecated this environment has been. Any comments welcome, reasonable dollars not an issue, although the solution can't be cloud-based as we are in Australia.

Would like to avoid the peer-to-peer networking model if possible......

Apologies if the question appears a little lame, and you're right, I am trying to save some time identifying a solution as I'm not the end user

Thanks in advance,

Ashley

Outcomes