AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Go 16 — Your Access Privileges Do Not Allow

Question asked by stevestearns on May 17, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 by pietergorisio

Everything works fine in FileMaker Go 15, however, upon upgrading to FileMaker Go 16, I now receive the following Error message:

"Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action."

I have a full access account on FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced and on my iPhone with FileMaker Go 16. I have even added a second full access account with the name "iPhone" to match FileMaker Go 16, but that made no difference.

I am guessing that something in SCRIPT 2 is the source of the error, but since it works in FileMaker Go 15, since Barcodes PRO opens and scans the barcode and then two messages are displayed. I cannot see the first dialog box message as it is covered by the "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action." message.

SCRIPT 1: Scan PDF417 Barcode

If [ not IsEmpty ( Unit to Vehicle::InspectonStickerData ) ]

Set Variable [ $$InspectionSticker; Value:Unit to Vehicle::InspectonStickerData ]

End If

Open URL [ "pdf417://scan?type=PDF417&text=true&fmp=true&beep=true&callback=" & GetAsURLEncoded ("fmp://$/" & Get(FileName) & ".fmp12?script=insert_barcode") ] [ No dialog ]

SCRIPT 2: insert_barcode

Go to Layout [ “Details” (Unit to Vehicle) ]

Insert Calculated Result [ Unit to Vehicle::InspectonStickerData; Get ( ScriptParameter ) ]

[ Select ]

If [ IsEmpty ( Unit to Vehicle::InspectonStickerData ) ]

Set Field [ Unit to Vehicle::InspectonStickerData; $$InspectionSticker ]

End If

Two gentlemen in Facebook group provided the answer. There was a change made in FileMaker Pro 16 made. "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action" message received after upgrading to FileMaker Pro 16 | …

Outcomes