AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker 16 and 15 loosing custom icons - possible bug

Question asked by BruceHerbach on May 17, 2017
Latest reply on May 19, 2017 by BruceHerbach

I'm running  FileMaker Pro advanced 15.0.3.305 and FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.1.162.  This morning, I downloaded a file with a custom icon from my development folder.  After I unzipped it, renamed it and went to upload it to FileMaker server,  I noticed the custom icon had been replaced by the standard FileMaker 16 folder icon.

After that I created a new file using both versions from the started solutions.  In FileMaker 15.0.2 and earlier these would have a custom icon.  In the versions above when you open the the first time they show the default FileMaker 16 folder icon.

If I click open and the list is showing the Recent list,  the custom icon shows.  Clicking browse and looking for the file shows the 16 folder icon.

Looking at the attached pictures check the icons for Tasks.fmp12 and Contacts.fmp12.  In the recents list they show the custom icon in the open  they don't.

When I upload one of the these files to my FileMaker development server FMS 15.0.2.206  it shows the default FileMaker 16 folder icon.

On FMS files that had the icon changed in FileMaker Pro Advaned 15.0.2 and earlier still show the custom icon.  If I download them from the server and then try to upload them again,  the custom icon no longer appears.

Note:  All files being uploaded to FMS have to be uploaded using FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.  The sharing feature in 16 will not let me enter user name or password so it is unable to upload to my 15 server.Open file.jpegRecents.jpeg

Attachments

Outcomes