7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2017 3:19 PM by laemmle

FileMaker Server 16 scheduling a script to run gives Account/Password error

skirge

Product and version FileMaker Server 16 ver16.0.1.184

OS and version Windows Server 2012R2

Hardware Virtual

Description: When scheduling a script using the Admin password for a file with full access. I hit the next button and get the error

"No scripts are available for the specified account."

Workaround: Hit the next button again!

Apparently the second time is a charm, it also shows I'm not crazy or typed the password wrong.

How to replicate I couldn't create a test file that would exhibit the behavior but at least 2 of the large files I use (recently converted from FileMaker 11) exhibit this behavior.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server 16 scheduling a script to run gives Account/Password error
          TSGal

skirge:

Thank you for your post.

Our Development and Testing departments would like to see a clone of one of the converted files so we can test it here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server 16 scheduling a script to run gives Account/Password error
            TSGal

skirge:

I received your file.  Thank you.

I was unable to get access to a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine with FileMaker Server 16, so I uploaded the file to a Mac OS X 10.11.6 machine with FileMaker Server 16, and I was able to reproduce the problem.  The message "No scripts are available for the specified account", and the second time it allowed me to select a script.  Interestingly, logging out of Admin Console, and then logging back in, I was able to create another scheduled script for the same file without any issue.  Are you able to confirm?

Regardless, I have sent your post and file, along with my observations, to our Development and Testing teams for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FileMaker Server 16 scheduling a script to run gives Account/Password error
              skirge

Dear TSGal,

That behavior of the logging out and coming back in to the file without incident did not happen for me so, sorry no I cannot confirm.

Other buggish behavior.

1. One method of getting past the original bug is going in with another Full Access Account and password and fully completing the schedule then going back and editing the schedule back to my master "Admin" account, this revealed other issues.

a. The script I had originally selected is deselected and I think there may be other items deselected along the way.

b. The day of the week I had previously selected was deselected.

2. When creating a brand new Weekly schedule. Thursday is pre-selected or pre-checked.

These last two seem to be intermittent.

I have another 20 or so schedules to create so I will be more diligent in catching and reporting the anomalies I come across.

BTW.  Please say hello to Keith Proctor and John Thatcher for me. 

Regards,

Sergio

• 4. Re: FileMaker Server 16 scheduling a script to run gives Account/Password error
                skirge

Hi TSGal

Other observations.

1. When creating a schedule with that run weekly Thursday or Friday is showing up pre-selected. I think this is a random and based on the last schedule you made.

2. When editing a weekly script like duplicating it and changing the name, the day of the week gets de-selected, however if you ignore it it does seem to stay as originally set which the final summary of what the script does seem s to confirm.

I was mistaken all the behaviors I mentioned are consistently showing up.

Regards,

Sergio

• 5. Re: FileMaker Server 16 scheduling a script to run gives Account/Password error
                  TSGal

skirge:

Your issue is still being investigated.  At this time, our Testing department has been unable to replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FileMaker Server 16 scheduling a script to run gives Account/Password error
                    TSGal

skirge:

Development believes the likely cause is the Admin Console.  In essence, the Admin Console has only a half-second timeout on its request to get the script names.  If FileMaker Server is busy, or if there are a lot of scripts and perhaps unread by the Database Server, it may take longer than 0.5 seconds to respond.  This is what causes the "No scripts are available..." message to appear.  However, the Database Server does respond with the list a little later, so if you click Next again, the scripts will be there (as you have discovered).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: FileMaker Server 16 scheduling a script to run gives Account/Password error
                      laemmle

I'd like to add-in that I'm having this issue as well.

We've been using Filemaker for 10+ years, and the "No script are available for the specified account" as happened for as long as I can remember but we've used the workaround by hitting the next button again. And that has worked.

After upgrading to Filemaker 16 server, however, the workaround no longer works and the message does not disappear. So filemaker server never allows past the account name and password page when editing a script or trying to create a new one.

We are also experiencing the "Ghost Users" issue that seems to have plagued filemaker over the last few years. (i.e. scheduled script users never disconnect from the server after completing the script). This is the first time we've experience both of these issues Filemaker 16. Currently, the only fix is to reboot the server everyday.

From what I've read in various forums, a re install seems to be the next step. However, not an easy task for a company that uses Filemaker from 9am to midnight, 7 days a week