AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue: Save Records as PDF with Container Fields on Windows

Question asked by deanchampeau on May 18, 2017
Latest reply on May 18, 2017 by philmodjunk

Hello everyone.

I have an estimating solution that has a "posting" script, which performs a Save Records as PDF step which creates the main estimate document, then goes to a different layout that only has a container field on it, a global field that contains my company's terms and conditions page. The script then does another Save Records as PDF step, only this time it's configured to "append" the existing PDF.

The script works well in the sense that it does indeed create the two-page PDF. But on Windows (at least the Windows 7 machines we have here in the office), the second page of the resulting PDF document is lo-res and choppy, as if the Save Records as PDF script step is rendering as an image rather than as a vector like the PDF that I placed into my container field. On MacOS the terms/conditions page looks fine, but on Windows, not so much.

I've tried the various ways of placing the PDF into the container field (i.e. picture, PDF, file), and I've tried the various "Optimize for..." options in the inspector, to no avail. I've also tried simply placing the terms/conditions PDF file in layout mode, essentially hard-wiring it to the layout rather than using the global container field. That didn't work either.

Anybody know what's going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Dean

Outcomes