10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2017 3:36 PM by mrjamesmoore

FMG16 Card Height

mrjamesmoore

Card Height doesn't appear to work correctly on FMG16. For example I have 2 layouts both of height 736 (the height of my device); let's call them Layout A & B.

From Layout A I open a new Card Window using Layout B. The dimensions of the Card are no Height (so the default of 736 is used), 20 Width, 0 from top and 0 from left.  When the Card is displayed it does not fill the entire height of the screen (which is 736). My question is why?

Same issue occurs if I specify a height (rather than using the default) or use layouts with different heights. A Card going from the very top of the screen to the very bottom doesn't seem possible on FMG. On FMA it does work.

I've tried this on iPhone 7, 7 Plus and iPad Air.

Thanks,

James

• 1. Re: FMG16 Card Height
          TSGal

mrjamesmoore:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the issue on an iPad Air.  I cannot get a Card window to display more than approximately 80% of the height of the device screen.  I have sent all information, including a sample file, to our Development and Testing teams for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMG16 Card Height
            mrjamesmoore

Thanks for confirming I'm not going mad

Do you guys offer a beta program for FMG? Happy to help out and ensure these types of bugs don't make it through next time. Can supply my TestFlight ID if that's what you use?

• 3. Re: FMG16 Card Height
              TSGal

mrjamesmoore:

Development informed me this is the intentional design.  When a card window is presented, it will be smaller of the size needed for the specified layout within the card window, or be slightly less than the screen space available for displaying the main document.  The card window will never be bigger than the screen, and it will never display off the edge of the screen.  Since the card window holds a full FileMaker document with scroll behavior, constraining its size is fine.  Usually, the card layout should be designed to fit nicely in a small card window.

There is a "beta" program, and I have added your name as a possible site.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: FMG16 Card Height
                mrjamesmoore

Thanks for the update.

I understand the card height can not be bigger than the screen; I'm just after it to be the same

I can make the card height the same as the screen in FMP but not in FMG. Shouldn't both work in the same way? In FMG no matter what I do the card height never stretches the full length of the screen.

PC.PNG

FMG.PNG

• 5. Re: FMG16 Card Height
                  TSGal

mrjamesmoore:

I have sent the screen shots to Development and Testing for clarification.  I'll keep you posted.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FMG16 Card Height
                    mrjamesmoore

Thanks

• 7. Re: FMG16 Card Height
                      TSGal

mrjamesmoore:

The notes from Testing point to a design limitation.  That is, you cannot make a Card window the height or width of the display area.  All information has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: FMG16 Card Height
                        mrjamesmoore

But you can in FileMaker Pro; see below. That's why I'm confused. You can make a card the entire height in FMP but not in FMG.

Capture.PNG

• 9. Re: FMG16 Card Height
                          TSGal

mrjamesmoore:

My apologies for not being clear.  The design limitation is in FileMaker Go; not FileMaker Pro.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: FMG16 Card Height
                            mrjamesmoore

Thanks for the clarrification