4 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2017 11:10 AM by jocrys

Webdirect scrolling in sub-summary reports

jocrys

I have built a working time recording app. The app features a list view with several records (about 70 to 100) and subsummary sections featuring date and summary. Fields are edited in list view.

Problem

When clickling in a field, saving a record, clicking in sub-summary section or other actions, webdirect list scrolls to an undefineable position upwards. It seems, that it does no remember, where current record position is and jump to another sub-summary. There seems not to be a clear system, but is surely related to sub-summary.

Omitting sub-summary section leads to functional scrolling. Problem is independent from sorting and any parameters adjustable for sub-summary sections.

Build around is possible by letting away sub-summaries, this is not welcome for me.

• 1. Re: Webdirect scrolling in sub-summary reports
          TSGal

jocrys:

Thank you for your post.

What fields in the Sub-Summary are you editing?  If you change a value in a Sub-Summary, it may jump to the record in the list associated with that value.

Can you show us an example?  Do you have a test file you can attach to the post?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Webdirect scrolling in sub-summary reports
            jocrys

I have an EMPTY sub-summary section and some fields in data section. Webdirect jumps to an unreproducible subsummary section above when saving a record.

timesheet - 31 sections, with or without fields and 1 to 5 records per subsummary

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 23.05.2017 um 21:50 schrieb TSGal <noreply@filemaker.com>:

Webdirect scrolling in sub-summary reports

Antwort von TSGal in Report a Product Issue - Komplette Diskussion anzeigen

jocrys:

Thank you for your post.

What fields in the Sub-Summary are you editing?  If you change a value in a Sub-Summary, it may jump to the record in the list associated with that value.

Can you show us an example?  Do you have a test file you can attach to the post?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

Sie können auf diese Nachricht antworten, indem Sie diese E-Mail beantworten oder die Nachricht unter FileMaker Community aufrufen

Starten Sie eine neue Diskussion in Report a Product Issue per E-Mail oder unter FileMaker Community

Sie folgen Webdirect scrolling in sub-summary reports in diesen Aktivitätenlisten: Posteingang

Bearbeiten Sie Ihre Emailvoreinstellungen

FileMaker Developer Conference 2017 • Phoenix, Arizona • July 24-26 • www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon

• 3. Re: Webdirect scrolling in sub-summary reports
              TSGal

jocrys:

Thank you for the additional information.

Please send a copy of your solution so we can determine why the scrolling is occurring.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Webdirect scrolling in sub-summary reports
                jocrys

It will take me some time so prepare a solution to be sent, as this is a very large file on our server. But anyway, this bug should be easily reproducible. I have it in some files and it seems, that, whenever I have several sub-summaries (more than two), and the list takes more than some screen pages, this unexpected behavior occurs online. I am testing it on a macbook pro with chrome and safari.

ly

In a second file I have one sub-summary section occuring 4 times due to sorting order and a data field without editable fields (text only). clicking in a record some pages below brings me back to sub-summary-sections pages above - every time. It is like the system does not know, in which of the sections it currently has to be. Again, this only occurs in webdirect. Layout is listview only.

It occurs as soon as I implement a subsummary section, total summary does not make problems. It even seems to happen with empty data and subsummary sections. I remember to have read sometimes something about trackpad-related - I have no idea, but I use macbook trakpad.

I will try to send you a demo of the bug as soon as possible.