4 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2017 9:20 AM by TSGal

No Menu bar when opening layout from "Manage Layouts" dialog under Windows.

LSNOVER

If I go to the "Manage Layouts" dialog and open any of the Windows in my main application, the window opens but shows no file menu.

If I go to the window from the Layouts menu, the file menu appears fine. 

This does not seem to happen in all files.

• 1. Re: No Menu bar when opening layout from "Manage Layouts" dialog under Windows.
          hschlossberg

That sounds like a bug, Lee, though I tried with a couple files and couldn't replicate it on Windows 7. 

(But in testing it I did notice that when opening a new window from "Manage Layouts", it always opens the status bar, even when the original window has it hidden.  But it worked this way in 15, as well, and in practice I guess it doesn't really matter since this is only done by someone in "development mode".)

• 2. Re: No Menu bar when opening layout from "Manage Layouts" dialog under Windows.
            TSGal

LSNOVER:

Thank you for your post.

Like "hschlossberg", I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced under macOS Sierra 10.12.5, Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Do you have any custom menus enabled that possibly do not include the File menu?

You mention "This does not seem to happen in all files."  For my clarification, does this happen in two or more files?  Or, just one specific file?

Do you have any plug-ins enabled?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: No Menu bar when opening layout from "Manage Layouts" dialog under Windows.
              LSNOVER

1. I do have custom menus in certain layouts.  Not applicable to the layouts I am opening in the Layout manager.

2. So far, just one specific file, but it happens to be my main application.

3. I do have MBS plugin installed.  But I have tried it with and without the plugin with the same results.

4. If I put a script on button on  any of  the layouts to "show" the file menu, the file menu will show. 

5. I've tested in Debug mode, and there is nothing running that I can see that is specifically hiding the menu bar.

• 4. Re: No Menu bar when opening layout from "Manage Layouts" dialog under Windows.
                TSGal

LSNOVER:

Thank you for the clarification and additional information.

Make a clone of the file.  Run a Recover on the clone and see if any errors are reported.  Regardless if there are errors, open the recovered clone file and see if you are able to reproduce the issue.

If you are able to reproduce the issue, remove all custom menus from this clone file, close and reopen the file.  See if the issue still exists.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.