7 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2017 9:46 AM by schamblee

Installing FMSD16 on Windows 10 for testing, non production etc.

sharpie

Good Morning folks

RE: Windows 10 Pro on Surface Pro 4

I know that Windows 10 is not a server OS, and therefore not officially recommended or supported to install FMS on, but it's just the development licence that I have, there are quite a few new features in Server 16 which I want to try out and get used to in v16.  This would be so much easier if I could install it on my Surface so that I'm more mobile and can try to learn the new stuff on the go.

I have actually already installed it on my bulky laptop at home which is also Windows 10 (free upgrade from Windows 7), and that worked fine.

However whenever I try to install it on my Surface Pro (I have temporarily disabled my antivirus software and turned off windows firewall), I get the error message attached:  'The Microsoft Internet Information  Services Components failed to install.  For help, visit the FileMaker Knowledge Base at help.filemaker.com' .

I was just wondering if anyone knows why / can help me get over this hurdle and manage to install the dev licence FMSD16 on my surface pro just for testing etc.  I did look on help.filemaker.com , but didn't find anything obviously relevant or helpful on a quick search

Thanks

Sharpie