AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installing FMSD16 on Windows 10 for testing, non production etc.

Question asked by sharpie on May 22, 2017
Latest reply on May 28, 2017 by schamblee

Good Morning folks

RE: Windows 10 Pro on Surface Pro 4

I know that Windows 10 is not a server OS, and therefore not officially recommended or supported to install FMS on, but it's just the development licence that I have, there are quite a few new features in Server 16 which I want to try out and get used to in v16.  This would be so much easier if I could install it on my Surface so that I'm more mobile and can try to learn the new stuff on the go.

I have actually already installed it on my bulky laptop at home which is also Windows 10 (free upgrade from Windows 7), and that worked fine.

However whenever I try to install it on my Surface Pro (I have temporarily disabled my antivirus software and turned off windows firewall), I get the error message attached:  'The Microsoft Internet Information  Services Components failed to install.  For help, visit the FileMaker Knowledge Base at help.filemaker.com' .

I was just wondering if anyone knows why / can help me get over this hurdle and manage to install the dev licence FMSD16 on my surface pro just for testing etc.  I did look on help.filemaker.com , but didn't find anything obviously relevant or helpful on a quick search

Thanks

Sharpie

Attachments

Outcomes