Try to temporarily disable all extensions if you have any
Check the version of Chrome is supported by Web Direct
Tried on Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
Sometimes on safari works.. but not always...
On Chrome and Firefox (latest versions) cannot make it working...
On Safari I got no extensions at all.
I attached a screen with network-inspector from Chrome.
Did you uninstall the previous FMS? Fresh install might resolve the problem.
In affected browser, have you tried deleting existing cookies and clearing cache? (in case you're having interference with previous version of WebDirect that browser accessed).
Same problem here, this morning everything was going smoothly, but suddendly since a couple of hours all the users connecting to the server using Chrome get that screen (No changes, updates or installations on server side and on "clients" side). Tried rebooting the server and clearing cookies/cache on the Chrome machines (all with the latest version of Chrome).
Server running FMS16.
3 of 3 people found this helpful
According to support:
The error is due to HTTPS and HTTP connection to FileMaker Server and mixed in the same Chrome browser. A cookie set to be secure (HTTPS) cannot be downgraded to unsecure (HTTP). This is a restriction in Chrome.
Scenario is that if a HTTPS connection is made the WebDirect Cookie will be set to secure (HTTPS), after that any HTTP connection will get the "Cookies are disabled" message due to that Chrome do not allow WebDirect to seta HTTP Cookie for the connection.
Temporary solution is to delete the Cookies.
Permanent solution is to only allow HTTPS (enable SSL) or only allow HTTP (block any HTTPS connection) so you cannot mix HTTP and HTTPS.
We solved switching everything to HTTPS
THanks for this. I changed my url to use https:// and not http:// and it started working again. We have one server using an ssl certificate which i guess chrome was set to remember and when i accessed another clients server via webdirect who did not use an ssl certificate i got this problem.
So from what i understand you must either always use http or always use https in your url. Looks like this is only a problem for me as a developer but my clients never seem to get this issue as they only ever access their server via web direct using either https or http, depending on if a ssl certificate is being used.
Clearing all your cookies for Chrome works a treat.