4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 12:57 PM by TSGal

Menu Bar Won't Hide if Window Resize is Available

hschlossberg

FM16 / Win 7

1) Add a button or script that does New Window [Dialog] with 'close' and 'resize' options marked ( 'menu bar is NOT marked).

2) Run it

RESULT: window is created with a menu bar

3) Change that step so that only 'close' is marked (not resize or menu bar)

4) Run it

RESULT: menu bar is hidden

• 1. Re: Menu Bar Won't Hide if Window Resize is Available
          TSGal

hschlossberg:

I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced under Windows 10 and Windows 7.  The menu bar only appears if I have menu bar selected.  With "close" and "resize", a window appears without a menu bar.

Do you have a sample file for testing purposes?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Menu Bar Won't Hide if Window Resize is Available
            hschlossberg

I just sent you a personal message because I was going to send a file.  But you can ignore that message, as I realized I don't need to send you a file.

I was able to replicate it in a couple files yesterday, but today it is only consistent in one file.  Let me know if you want me to send it to you, but it is the Projects template file that comes with FM16.

1) Create a new file based on the template

2) Click a project in the project list to go to project detail.

3) Click 'Add Task'

4) Click either the pencil icon button or the 'Add Resources' button.

Both are set to not show the menu, yet both do.

• 3. Re: Menu Bar Won't Hide if Window Resize is Available
              TSGal

hschlossberg:

Thank you for the steps to take in the Projects template.  I can definitely reproduce the issue.

However, if I go into Script Workspace, select the "Show Project Browser" script, go to the 17th line (New Window), simply uncheck and recheck "Resize" and save the script, the issue no longer occurs.

I have forwarded your set of steps, along with my observations, to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

If this type of modification does not work with your other file, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Menu Bar Won't Hide if Window Resize is Available
                TSGal

hschlossberg:

Testing was able to reproduce the issue.  All information has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.