AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker 16 SSL Certificate

Question asked by motasea on May 22, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 by motasea

FileMaker 16 SSL Certificate.  I recently installed an InCommom WildCard Certificate but despite the fact that the certificate imported in the master and worker without any problem, Google Chrome and Firefox refuse to resolve the webdirect site.  Also, FM pro is not verifying the SSL either.

I initally went with the InCommon WildCard Certificate because it was easy to install on both the master and the worker. However, I see that i may have to get a Comodo Elite Certificate for each machine.  I know how to create the the CSR file on the Master from the the fileMaker Admin Panel or using the fmsadmin command.   When I tried to do the fmsadmin command on the worker to create the CSR file, I get an error "Error 11000 (invalid command)".  I do not understand what did incorrectly.  Here is the command I am using on the worker:

fmsadmin CERTIFICATE CREATE "/CN=myserver.edu /O=xxxxxxx/C=US/ST=New York/L=New York"

Any input is appreciated...

It seems like the wildcard certificate that I have currently installed works on Safari and IE 11 but it does not work on Chrome or Firefox.

Outcomes