1 of 1 people found this helpful
FMGo16 now supports custom paper sizes but that's it. You either need to purchase an iOS compatible barcode printer, or setup the robot printer slave like you mentioned (which does require a license for FM Pro)
That robot method is detailed well with a sample file here:
Essentially a FileMaker Pro install sits there on a queue layout with zero records.
When you queue from FMGo, it creates a record in that table corresponding to a record in another table to print.
The act of creating a queue record causes the robot to fire an OnRecordLoad script trigger, which takes the ID of the request, performs the print job, and then deletes the "queue" record.
Once done, the robot eventually returns to zero records waiting for any other queue record to be added.
FileMaker server is not compatible with the Print script step, so it doesn't matter what drivers you have there.
You can print directly from FileMaker Go.
- Print with AirPrint printers and non-AirPrint printers!
- Print on any paper size without ruining the layout!
- Objects (images, PDFs, or handwritten signatures) can be transferred!
- Print QR codes or bar codes!
- One tap and print!
- No need to use an SDK to develop an app, which is provided by printer manufacturers!
- Specify the number of copies!
- Bluetooth printer support.
- Text to Speech supports.