I have seen this in versions before 16.
It has something to do with the extensions mapping on your PC.
I don't have a PC handy today to experiment with
Have you deleted the installer?
right click on the a FileMaker file and check the 'open with' default.
Thank you for your post.
Neither myself nor another Support Technician has ever seen this before, and I realize that doesn't help you.
Let me know if the suggestion by "jerrysalem" works. If it doesn't work, what can you tell me about your installation of FileMaker Pro 16. Specifically, was it installed to the default C: drive or to another drive? If the C: drive, was it installed to the default location of:
C: -> Program Files -> FileMaker -> FileMaker Pro 16
Temporarily create a new Windows user account. Login to the new Windows account, launch FileMaker Pro 16, create a new test file and save it to the Desktop. Quit FileMaker Pro 16 and then double-click on the new test file. Does this work?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I've figured out why this is happening.
Whenever I install FileMaker, I always to a custom install where I disable installation of language packs. I don't actually know if it then installs the languages or not, but at some point afterward I end up noticing all the language folders WERE installed in the FM program folder.
I always delete them because they are a bunch of clutter whenever I have to get to the Extensions folder.
FileMaker operates fine under this condition as long as you open the app first and then from there open your database files. But if the app is closed and you start by opening a database file, it runs through this configuration process...where afterward those language folders have been reinstalled!
The highlighted folders below are the ones I delete that lead to this issue: