6 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2017 2:07 PM by TSGal

Can't close all open scripts with mouse click.

hschlossberg

FM15 & 16; Windows 7

I have a number of scripts open in the script workspace.  Rolling the mouse over one of the script's 'x' buttons shows this tooltip: "Click to close this script; Alt-click to close all other scripts".

But no matter which modifier keys I've tried, clicking the 'x' only closes one script at a time.  It looks like CTRL-ALT-W is the only way to close all scripts?  I'm not sure if this is a bug in behavior or just an incorrect tooltip.

Howard

• 1. Re: Can't close all open scripts with mouse click.
          TSGal

hschlossberg:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. Using FileMaker Pro 16 under Windows 7, I opened a file and opened Script Workspace.

2. In Script Workspace, I opened six scripts, so there are six tabs.

3. If I rollover any of the scripts close "x" button, I get the same tooltip as you mentioned.

4. If I hold down the Alt key and click the "x" button, the other five scripts are closed.

5. If I reopen the other five scripts again and press Ctrl-Alt-W, all six scripts are closed.

Do you have any system keyboard modifiers that interact with the Alt key?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Can't close all open scripts with mouse click.
            hschlossberg

I have no system keyboard modifiers and I just tried again after disabling the Developer Asst plugin (which is the only FM plugin I have that listens for keyboard commands)...but the Alt-click still doesn't work there.

Howard

• 3. Re: Can't close all open scripts with mouse click.
              TSGal

hschlossberg:

Is this only occurring with a specific file?  Or, do other database files have this issue?

If all files have the same issue, then temporarily create a new Windows user account, login to the new user account, launch FileMaker Pro, create a new file, add some scripts, and try again.  If this works, then there is something within the original Windows user account affecting this issue.

If the new user account also fails, do you have access to another machine?  If so, does the issue also occur on the second machine?

What is the make and model of your Windows machine?  I'll try to locate the same machine or something similar so I can test it.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Can't close all open scripts with mouse click.
                hschlossberg

I've tried this with a number of files. all showing the same issue.  Also, for what it's worth, I just tried closing a doc window by ALT-clicking on the window's 'X' button and was amazed and pleased to see that there is such a shortcut (and it works!) to close all doc windows at one time.

I'll have to figure out how to create a new Windows account and will let you know the results of that test later today.

Howard

• 5. Re: Can't close all open scripts with mouse click.
                  hschlossberg

I created a new Windows user Administrator account, switched to that user, opened FM16, got the default "features explorer" database (or whatever it's called), closed that, got launcher window, created new file, added a bunch of empty scripts, tried ALT-(x/close button) and it only closed the one script.  I logged out of that Windows user, changed the account to a standard non-admin account, logged back in to that account and had the same results.

• 6. Re: Can't close all open scripts with mouse click.
                    TSGal

hschlossberg:

Thanks for testing under a different user account.  The possibility of a damaged user account has been eliminated.

Looking through past reported issues, there is nothing remotely related to the Alt key not working in Script Workspace.

Even though the Alt key works in other parts of the application, the area of the application that handles the Script Workspace may be damaged.  To eliminate that possibly, I recommend a complete uninstall and reinstall of FileMaker Pro 16 as this will write all new files.

If this still doesn't work, let me know the maker and model of your computer, and I'll try to find one here, or something similar.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.