AnsweredAssumed Answered

Earliest Date Field for Specific Set of Events

Question asked by scottganderson on May 29, 2017
Latest reply on May 31, 2017 by scottganderson

I'm managing groups of events for a variety of venues.  I have two related tables, one which contains info about the venues themselves and one events table.  Each venue has a unique numeric code. I'm looking for a simple way to store the earliest event date (the date closest to the current date) for a given venue in a field in the venue table, but only for a specific type of event.  I've written a script that triggers every time a new event is created and it gets the job done but it has a few issues, not to mention it seems to be a clunky way to achieve my goal (having to leave the venue layout, enter find mode, perform search, etc...). I tried to create a calculation field called EarliestEventDate and it's straightforward enough to use the MIN function to return the earliest date from the events table, but I can't find a way to restrict the function to look only at dates for a specific venue code AND specific event type.  I was hoping that someone much more experienced than myself could possibly suggest a more elegant solution than executing a script.  Apologies if I'm not being clear, and I'm happy to provide more info if anyone has any helpful suggestions.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Outcomes