1 2 3 4 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2017 3:40 PM by LisaRose

WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled

InfoAuch

Hello,

Filemaker : WebDirect 16

I already had this issue with just Chrome, issue that came and dissapeared. Today after a server reboot, the issue appears with any browser. If i run the /fmi/webd/FMServer_Sample page, I have the following message :

Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector because no JavaScript init function was found. Make sure one of these functions are defined:
      • com_filemaker_jwpc_iwp_application_AppJavaScriptComponent
      • com_vaadin_ui_AbstractJavaScriptComponent
      • com_vaadin_ui_AbstractComponent
      • com_vaadin_server_AbstractClientConnector

With in red in the middle : The cookies are disabled. Which is not the case on the browsers.

All the sites using filemaker are down and this is a major problem for our users.

For information, we had this issue on V15 when we tried to nat the server with another IIS server in the DMZ. I tested and saw that cookies where not transmitted. With no other solution we abandoned and used the server only in internal network. But today, we have the problem with a direct access.

• 1. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
          TSGal

InfoAuch:

Thank you for your post.

Our Development and Testing departments are aware of an issue with Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge returning the same error message "Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector..." when launching a database via WebDirect if the URL uses a computer name instead of an IP Address.  However, from your screen shot, it appears you are using a local IP Address.

Using any browser, are you able to connect to the sample file via WebDirect using either localhost or IP Address 127.0.0.1?  If this works, try accessing the sample file via the local IP Address.

If this continues to work, move to another machine within the local area network and try to access the sample file.

Enable Cookies, clear the Cookie history, and try accessing again.

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
            planteg

Hi TSGal ,

I have the same issue in Chrome, using an IP address right on the FMS Server. I get this by clicking on the link in the Technical Test page, which tries to open 'http://192.168.1.127/fmi/webd/FMServer_Sample '. Cookies are enabled in Chrome. Same with Edge, cookies enabled.

Is there anything else I could do to help finding the issue ? Almost forgot, I run the FMS 16 for FDS on Windows 10 (I know not supported ).

EDIT

If I try to access http://192.168.1.127/fmi/webd the I get the Usual FileMaker Web Direct listing the database FMServer_Sample only since it's the only served database. If I click on it, the the error message is displayed.

Interesting thing, I also run Windows in French.

• 3. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
              InfoAuch

Hi TSGal,

Using the IP address or the domain does not change the result. Some times, on one machine (Windows only), we can get suddenly this message for one, two or three browsers during four, five hours, and suddenly it works again (the message disappears). Last Thursday when I left, it was working. Today on my dev computer, none of the browsers works. I can clean the cache, run a cleaner tool, nothing change.

Following are the cookies stored in the browser. This way you'll see that they are active.

Before database selection :

cooky_01.PNG

After FMServer_sample click :

cooky_02.PNG

Cookies :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[

{

"domain": ".srf-fms.auch.local",

"expirationDate": 1496775169.234437,

"hostOnly": false,

"httpOnly": true,

"name": "WebD_ID",

"path": "/fmi",

"sameSite": "no_restriction",

"secure": false,

"session": false,

"storeId": "0",

"value": "EBE754B02821486A9BEC9BB1AA402362",

"id": 1

},

{

"domain": "srf-fms.auch.local",

"hostOnly": true,

"httpOnly": false,

"name": "",

"session": true,

"value": "fm-cktst",

"id": 2

}

]

Here are the cookies when I don't have the error message. I noticed that there is a JSESSIONID one that is not present when the error appears. It might not be related, but this is the only difference I found.

[

{

"expirationDate": 1496795614.424713,

"name": "JSESSIONID",

"value": "D085F5535DC30245C466E1A51057224F.jwpc1",

"id": 1

},

{

"expirationDate": 1496795614.424798,

"name": "WebD_ID",

"value": "EBE754B02821486A9BEC9BB1AA402362",

"id": 2

},

{

"domain": "srf-fms.auch.local",

"hostOnly": true,

"httpOnly": false,

"name": "",

"session": true,

"value": "fm-cktst",

"id": 3

}

]

• 4. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
                alex_zueiv

I have a similar issue with FMS 15.0.3.308 on Mac OS X 10.11.6

When I connect via Safari (10.1), it shows that message on the WebDirect start page:

Screen Shot 388.png

However, I can click on the FMP file to open it, and everything else works fine.

Safari also shows that text for a few seconds above the word Loading when I open the file directly via URL (http://localhost/fmi/webd#FMServer_Sample).

And when I connect via Opera, it does not show any error messages.

• 5. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
                  planteg

Interesting,

it's not a matter of OS, but looks like it depends on the Browser, or the javascript version used by a Browser.

• 6. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
                    hickam

We installed FMS 16 yesterday and I am getting this error in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox using an ip. I am getting this error internally on the LAN as well as remotely.

It is consistent.

Using Apple Macs

TSGal what is the status on this? Our solution is customer facing!

• 7. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
                      planteg

The plot thickens .

I just tried again, from the technical test I clicked on Test FileMaker WebDirect, and it worked. No update to FMS (16.0.1.184) as far as I know. Same for Java, I always say no to update, knowing it can break FMS. These are the versions installed:

So look like the issue was solved by itself...

InfoAuch and alex_zueiv do you still have this issue ?

• 8. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
                        alex_zueiv

I see that error message stable, for a few months. But since it shows only in Safari, and only for a few seconds (my users always open files via redirection), it doesn't bother me much.

• 9. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
                          hickam

We dealt with Filemaker Support on Friday and they suggested (among other things) a re-install of FMS 16. We have tried the other things to no avail but if we have to re-install we will downgrade instead... I hope to hear from Filemaker regarding this matter today!

• 10. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
                            jsubiros

Hello guys.

I have the same problem since I have installed FMS 16.

I have tried to uninstall java, javax64, re-install, deployment of fms,............ nothing of nothing.

Captura.PNG

• 11. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
                              planteg

Hi hickam and jsubiros ,

looks like this is not an easy one. AS you see reading my previous post, doing absolutely nothing on my part (see next paragraph), all of a sudden it worked. As a proof I will try again right now... guess what, now it doesn't not work.

EDIT

My antivirus needed a reboot, so I rebooted the computer. Tried afterwards, same issue.

TSGal ,

my copy of FMS is used only for tests purpose. If there is you would like to check, I can do it if that can help FMI to find out what's going on.

• 12. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
                                InfoAuch

Hi planteg,

We still have the issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, sometimes without doing absolutely nothing, it works again, then next day not. Sometimes only Chrome is impacted, sometimes Chrome, Edge and Firefox. This is really annoying.

I think this is a web session management problem as the SessionID cooky is missing when the problem occurs and the Java API is looking for it (So the error message). But I might be wrong.

• 13. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
                                  jsubiros

In my side, I am using Windows 2012 server.
                                  If I use Internet Explorer, webdirect runs ok, but if I use Edge, FireFox, Chrome or Opera, appears the cookies issue.

Still I don't know using Safari.

Safari, also is ok, can enter.

The problem  started yesterday when a customer tried to enter from a Linux Computer using Firefox.

We have now 24 hours of that issue anc cannot be solved.

• 14. Re: WebDirect 16 - Could not initialize JavaScriptConnector + Cookies disabled
                                    jsubiros

I have solved it doing this:

• Uninstall FileMaker Server 16
                                    • Uninstall Java (all)
                                    • Install Java 8 - 121
                                    • Install FileMaker server 16 again

After that it seems doesn't run, but after half an hour becomes all ok again.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next