0 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2017 6:37 PM by taylorsharpe

FMPUG Dallas Meeting Friday June 2nd, 2017:  FileMaker 16 Release

taylorsharpe

Dear FMPUG Dallas Chapter:

This month's FileMaker Pro User Group meeting will be Friday, June 2nd, 11am at the "Egg & I" restaurant, 15203 Knoll Trail Dr., Dallas, TX  75248. Meetings are are held monthly on the First Friday of each month. The meeting is free, but the food costs.

Dennis Burnham, Dr. William Porter, and Taylor Sharpe of ASNAP, Rucksack, and TMS Software will be our presenters this month and the topic is FileMaker 16 Release. Come hear us talk about the newly released FileMaker 16.  Dennis Burnham will speak on User Interface changes, Will Porter will speak on the new API, and Taylor Sharpe will speak on the new OAuth security.  

Note to those who are FileMaker Business Alliance Members.  FileMaker, Inc. has changed the terms of membership requiring you to have membershipo no later than July 15th.  If you are exploring options or prices for the new insurance requirement for FBA membership, please wait until after the June meeting to spend any money or sign any contracts.  Dennis Burnham is planning to have an insurance expert present something to us for group coverage, prior to our technical presentation about FileMaker 16.

Future Meeting Dates and Presentations:

06/02/2017 - FileMaker 16 Release  (Dennis Burnham, Dr. William Porter, and Taylor Sharpe)

07/07/2017 - Security  (Will Porter & Taylor Sharpe)

08/04/2017 - Devcon Wrapup  (Dennis Burnham)

09/01/2017 - TBA  (TBA)

10/06/2017 - Custom Menus  (Will Porter)

11/03/2017 - TBA

FMPUG Chapter Information and schedules are posted at http://www.fmpug.org/dallas

We are always looking for good presentations. Let me know if you are available for a presentation about a topic or solution. Or let me know if there is a topic that you want to learn more about.  

I hope to see you this month! Be sure to invite a friend, especially if they use FileMaker or are interested in databases!

TAYLOR SHARPE

FileMaker Pro Users Group (FMPUG)

Dallas Chapter Coordinator

214-522-5525

FMPUG.jpg