2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2017 9:46 PM by hschlossberg

Opening FM16 Help crashes Chrome web browser

hschlossberg

FM16 (64-bit); Windows 7; Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

If Chrome isn't already open, then pressing F1 while in FM16 causes Chrome to open in a crashed state (i.e. help page doesn't appear, all browser extensions pop up messages that they have each crashed).

This works fine from FM15, and it works fine in FM16 if the browser is already open.

• 1. Re: Opening FM16 Help crashes Chrome web browser
          TSGal

hschlossberg:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  I have installed FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced (64-bit) on my Windows 7 machine and made Chrome Version 58 my default web browser.  Without any applications open, I launch FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced, and when I get to the Launch Center, I press F1, Chrome launches and presents me with Help.

After closing Chrome, I also pull down the Help menu and select FileMaker Pro Help.  Again, Chrome launches and presents me with the Help page.

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Opening FM16 Help crashes Chrome web browser
            hschlossberg

Sigh.  I'm not sure what the answer is.  I cleared cookies and cache and disabled all extensions, but still had the problem.  Works fine with FM15, as well as with external links from my email app, etc.

I even just went as far as upgrading to a beta build: Version 61.0.3116.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit), which gets added as a second install that is separate from the original Chrome 58.  But I have the same FM16 issues there even with a fresh install.