3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2017 8:37 AM by monkeybreadsoftware

WebViewer

dancap

Hi .

My question is:

How can I select which web browser is going to use the web viewer?

I need to use Chrome or firefox, but by default the web viewer opens web pages with IE

• 1. Re: WebViewer
          TSPigeon

dancap:

Thank you for your post!

The WebViewers will use the Operating Systems Standard/Default Browser. On Windows this is IE. On MacOS this is Safari. There is no way to force the WebViewer to use Chrome or Firefox.

I'm also going to move this thread from the FileMaker Community Feedback Space (which is specifically for input on the Community itself) to the Discussions Space where you should receive more views and potentially more feedback on this topic!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: WebViewer
            beverly

You may as well mark @TSPigeon answer as correct (because it is).

The Web Viewer is not your personal browsers (how can you tell what browsers all your user have and prefer?)

If, OTOH, you wish to open the information in a Browser (again no way to control what others have), use:

Open URL

I might ask what issues do you find with Web Viewer that you prefer another Browser?

Beverly

• 3. Re: WebViewer
              monkeybreadsoftware

FileMaker 16 defaults to IE11 engine on Windows and WebKit 2.x on Mac.

For FMP 15 and older you can use Webview.SetInternetExplorerVersion function to select IE version.