AnsweredAssumed Answered

Find Records using a Script

Question asked by clayhendrix on May 31, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2017 by tbirdroy

I need to run a script upon opening a layout to find records that meets certain criteria. I am having a brain block and cannot figure out this particular situation, although I have done this many times before.

I need records found that have one of two values in a field and one value in another field.

In the script, I have used the Perform Find command and then specified the fields and values in the Specify find requests dialogue box. But something is incorrect about as the records that I wish to be found are not the ones that I wish to be found.

What is the best practice for Find in a script. Field A: value 1 or 2 AND Field B Value 3.

I think I should have multiple command lines in the script because what I am doing is not working. If I perform the search manually on the layout, I find Field A: value 1 extend found set to Field A: value 2, restrain found set for Field B Value 3 and that works perfectly.

I'm assuming that I should not try to perform a find of this complexity with one line in the script. I attached a screenshot from the script workplace so you might have a better idea of what I am trying to accomplish.

Outcomes