5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2017 6:14 AM by piaccounting

FM Community Bookmarks, where to find them?

AjEGfmTech

This may seem like a very simple question, but I haven't been able to find an answer. When I 'bookmark' something I  find in this FM Community website, where can I go to view what I've bookmarked over time?

I found an old post that said "look in the 'Your Stuff' menu". There isn't a 'Your Stuff' menu, only a 'Your Content' and 'Your Places'. I presumed it would be in the 'Your Content', but if it is, I haven't been able to find it?

Any help would be a appreciated. Thanks!

• 1. Re: FM Community Bookmarks, where to find them?
          PeterDoern

I click on the "Find" magnifying glass at the top-right, select Bookmarks and then Show All Bookmarks.

As much as I love this community, the UX leaves a lot to be desired.Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 3.56.29 PM.png

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FM Community Bookmarks, where to find them?
            AjEGfmTech

Thanks Peter! I don't know that I would have seen/found them there! I use search quite a bit, but never even noticed 'Bookmarks', let alone clicked on it to have the opportunity to miss the 'Show All Bookmarks' link.

I would agree. There are some things about this FM Community UX that are just... goofy. I do think it's improving though (or I'm just finally getting used to its idiosyncrasies, probably the latter). ;-)

• 3. Re: FM Community Bookmarks, where to find them?
              beverly

Click the magnifying glass and then the history (if desired) or the bookmarks tab. This is the quickest way to get there. I'll verify the other ways if you need them.

Beverly

P.S. Yes the menu under your avatar is slightly different than older replies.

Sent from miPhone

• 4. Re: FM Community Bookmarks, where to find them?
                piaccounting

Thanks - thought I was the only one with this problem. When I first joined - working out how to ask a question was a challenge. Still is sometimes.

• 5. Re: FM Community Bookmarks, where to find them?
                  piaccounting

AjEGfmTech wrote:

Thanks Peter! I don't know that I would have seen/found them there! I use search quite a bit, but never even noticed 'Bookmarks', let alone clicked on it to have the opportunity to miss the 'Show All Bookmarks' link.

I would agree. There are some things about this FM Community UX that are just... goofy. I do think it's improving though (or I'm just finally getting used to its idiosyncrasies, probably the latter). ;-)

I suppose for things to have improved would have required a update to the system; so you're probably right it's the latter.

This format appears a lot on other community sites and thus naturally they all suffer the same problem - the end user is an after thought. Perhaps they need a good user interface solution - sure we can think of one.