1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 2, 2017 1:33 PM by BillisSaved

Import from a specific source table

StanW

Hi all,

I have an intermediary table I use just for cleaning and appropriately labeling data I download from our school's registrar's office. After data is cleaned by this intermediary table, I want to import specific fields into my "real" database. This works fine when my intermediary table is external and when I control the import. I would like to automate the process so that others might control the process.

I have made the intermediary table part of the main solution's tables. Now I want to develop a script that goes to the intermediary table, matches on a unique ID, and updates matching records and adds remaining data as new records in the real database.

I have much of the script working fine, but I cannot figure out the script step in the target (real database) table, to import from the intermediary source table. How do I identify the source table for the script?

Any advice?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Import from a specific source table
          BillisSaved

Good afternoon StanW,

I hope your day is going well. If I understand your question correctly, you should find what you need via the Import Records script step. Create your script in the destination file, and use the Specify Data Source - ensure "File" is selected - checkbox to access your source file (see attached image). Then use the Specify Import Order checkbox to control the import. Good luck and have a great day!

God bless,

BillFMP_SpecifyFile.png