4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2017 1:21 PM by mark_b

Script Worpspace unintended close with mouse click

mark_b

Product and version: FMPA 16.0.1.162

OS and version: Windows 10 Pro

Browser and version N/A

Hardware: Dell Optiplex 7010 w/ Intel i7-3770, 8.00 GB Ram

Description: When creating a comment line (#) or editing any calculation by clicking to open the "quick edit" box (not the full calculation engine area), if a mouse click is done outside of that area, the script workspace closes.  Using "Enter" to leave the edit, all is fine.

How to replicate: Does it every time.  Just click outside of the "edit box".

Workaround: Must leave edit box by using keyboard Enter key.

• 1. Re: Script Worpspace unintended close with mouse click
          TSPigeon

mark_b:

Thank you for your post!

I was unable to reproduce this issue with FileMaker Pro 16.0.1 (Advanced) on MacOS or the Windows Operating System. I attempted to modify the comment line via the line in Script Workspace window as well as the dialog by clicking the gear. I tried clicking outside the edit box into Script Workspace window, outside the Script Workspace window, and even outside of the application and did not experience an issue.

Could you provide a video of the issue or a screenshot of what you are doing and where you are clicking to cause this?

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Script Worpspace unintended close with mouse click
            mark_b

Hi TSPigeon,

This problem is apparently related only to my PC and only under specific conditions.  I can duplicate this every time I exit a comment area.  BUT, when I activate the video screen capture utility (Snagit), it works perfectly – every time.  In other words when being recorded, clicking out of the comment area leaves me in the script workspace.  Since I can’t show this while making a video, I’ve included 3 screenshots showing the problem.  It seems to be bringing focus to the layout.  The script workspace is still open but behind the layout window (unless I’m trying to record the actions). Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mark

• 3. Re: Script Worpspace unintended close with mouse click
              TSPigeon

mark_b:

Thank you for the information. A few things to check out:

-Does this issue occur in a New File?

-Does this issue occur in a New OS User on the same machine?

-You might try reinstalling using these steps:

1. uninstall FileMaker Pro

2. Remove the FileMaker Folders located at:

C:/Users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/

C:/Users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/

3. Reboot machine

4. Download fresh installer of FileMaker Pro 16.0.1

5. Install (right-click > run as administrator) from Root of the C:/ Drive

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Script Worpspace unintended close with mouse click
                mark_b

Hi Again,

I have some more info based on your suggestions.  The issue occurs in a brand new file.  The issue occurs with a new user.  These tests were done after I uninstalled Filemaker 16 and reinstalled exactly as you described below.  So, since you can’t replicate the issue, it is definitely a problem with this PC.  My workaround is not to click out of the script dialog and simply use the Enter key to finish the script step.  It is funny that it worked fine when I was trying to record a video.

Cheers,

Mark