3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 7:53 AM by erolst

restricting data by month

HelderM

Hi,

i have the following situation:

i have invoice table, that has all my records, when i enter into this layout list, it has to load all data, depending of internet connection it may take a while.

I would like to restrict it, when i go to layout it shows only current month data, with out portal

thanks for any help

• 1. Re: restricting data by month
          Johan Hedman

Use a script in your solution and at File setup set a Script Trigger OnFirstWindowOpen

Your new script should

Freeze Window

Go to your layout with Invoices

Search

Set Field ( Invoice Date Field ; Get ( CurrentDate) - 30 & "..." )

Perform Find

This will then only show the last months invoices in your invoice list and will therefore list it faster

You most probably have calculated fields and summary fields in your layout. If you optimise your calculated field and only show the summary field that you need it will also load faster

• 2. Re: restricting data by month
            beverly

When dealing with 'Large Data' these are the steps I take (manually or scripts):

1. start from a table/layout with no or little data

2. Enter Find Mode (on that layout)

3. Go to Layout (your layout with 'large data', while still in Find mode)

4. enter find criteria:

Set fields with criteria, using New Request for "OR" searches, as needed

5. Perform find

This helps keep the data set from being shown until you've narrowed it. If you have two layouts with the same table occurrence, then do the find from the layout that is in _Form View_. If the data found is not too large, then go to the layout which is the _List View_ for that data.

I use this method for data that is ESS (SQL tables), but it works well with native FM data tables with many fields and/or records.

Beverly

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: restricting data by month
              erolst

beverly wrote:

When dealing with 'Large Data' these are the steps I take (manually or scripts):

2. Enter Find Mode (on that layout)

3. Go to Layout (your layout with 'large data', while still in Find mode)

4. enter find criteria:

Set fields with criteria, using New Request for "OR" searches, as needed

5. Perform find

This helps keep the data set from being shown until you've narrowed it.

That pattern is sure worth memorizing.

1 of 1 people found this helpful