withanlemmon@advantastar.com

Setup Server on Cloud

Discussion created by withanlemmon@advantastar.com on Jun 4, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2017 by Mike Duncan

I am starting to write a new solution for my company and especially as I am no longer in New Orleans (Katrina) will need to use FM Pro Server so that everyone can access the data easily.

Each of us works from a home office with varying degrees of internet service, and many of us work in the field.

I feel I should set up FM Pro Server, but I don't wish to use a dedicated machine at my home office, or at anyone else's. The best choices seem to be: set up a rack instance, install my developer's copy of server (the app will be in development for months, but obviously I will want to test it in the server environment), upgrade to a full license when I am ready to deploy or at least test with more people. Alternatively, I could use FM Cloud.

Straight-up: what would someone charge me to set this up? What server should I use?

I could learn how to do it, but it is out of my field of expertise and I would hate to install server on my personal machine in order to practice. I also don't wish to purchase a new computer just to practice, since I would not run the server at my home office in the end.

--

Withan Lemmon, President

Advanta-STAR Automotive Research, Inc: "The Ultimate Closing Tool"

Research & Development

1052 Point Hill Court

Wentzville, MO 63385

E-Mail: withanlemmon@advantastar.com

(228) 369-9891

All communications in this email are of a confidential nature. If you are

not the intended recipient, destroy this email. Use of the information in

this email by any other than the intended recipient is a violation of U.S.

-Advanta-STAR Automative Research Corporation of America

Federal Law.

Outcomes