AnsweredAssumed Answered

Importing Wildcard SSL on FMS 16

Question asked by mikiosmart on Jun 5, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2017 by nrgsoft

Hello, I'm new here, and we just moved from FMS 15 to 16. With the "not encrypted" warning and red lock displaying, we are wanting to use SSL. We have a wildcard cert that we are using for exchange.

We recently renewed our Wildcard cert, and assumed it was a good time to rekey. Unfortunately, I rekeyed the cert using the CSR from FMS, and everything sort of worked, and we ended up with an orange lock. I couldn't figure out how to export from FMS and make everything work on Exchange, so I then rekeyed again got everything working on Exchange, and would like to get it working with FMS.

I exported the exiting key we are using from Exchange, and got a pfx file. Seeing that the pfx file would not work. I used openssl to convert the pfx file to pem. I downloaded the signed cert from Go Daddy using "other" and used "Import Certificate" via FMS 16 admin console, and I get  "Certificate could not be imported: private key file already exists, please remove it and run the command again."

Is it possible to use our wildcard ssl exported from Exchange on with FMS? If so, is there any advice of how to make this work? This is my first time posting here, and I hope this makes sense.

Thank you!

Matt

Outcomes