AnsweredAssumed Answered

Regrets

Question asked by TKnTexas55 on Jun 6, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2017 by wimdecorte

For the first time I am regretting upgrading Filemaker.  In this case the server. 

I stopped the FMS15.  I copied the three data files to a different folder.  I uninstalled FMS15, and installed FMS16.  I used Filemaker Pro to upload the files.  The first was a new one, never used on the server. 

I got a message that the file could not be uploaded because it did not meet the guidelines for security.  So I tried to upload one of the files previously on FMS15.  FileMaker Pro 16 could not open the file for the extreme corruption. 

So I went to the Network Admin to get the copies of the three files from backup last night.  There were no files backed up.  He asked if the files were always OPEN, to which I answered yes.  We use Commvault to back up.  There is an agent to backup open files.  It did not work.  So I must have done something incorrectly.

I have only been running FMS15 for a couple weeks.  So I opened the local copy of one to upload to the server. It would not upload for the same reason as the first file.  But it had no problem uploading to FMS15.

Can someone tell me how security changed that I am experiencing the failure? 

Two of the users tgarrett and ap.po have temp passwords with the checkmark to change on next sign-in.  Is that the problem?  Admin and thill have their unique passwords.  I am very confused, and frustrated.

Outcomes