AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conditional Formatting for Tab Panels When Object State = Inactive

Question asked by richardsrussell on Jun 6, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2017 by erolst

I'm trying to set up a tab panel to provide color-coded feedback to the user as to how far he or she has progressed in completing a series of data-entry tasks. I was hoping to use stop-light colors (red, yellow, and green) to accomplish this. When the panel's on display for data entry, I want the background color to be quite pale to provide contrast with the type on the labels and in the fields, so I went for black type on:

• pink (initial color) if the user hasn't even started in on that panel yet

• daffodil if some of the data fields have been completed

• mint if all the fields have been entered (and validated) and the user can move on to the next tab panel

Active State.png

I was able to accomplish this by setting up conditional formatting on each panel when it's in its Active state. Unfortunately, that conditional formatting overrides the setting for the appearance of that panel in its Inactive state as well. When the panel is Inactive, I want its tab to be labelled with white type on a darker version of the color appropriate to its completion state (unstarted → crimson, partly done → ochre, or finished → evergreen):

Inactive State.png

I figured there must be a function like "Get ( ObjectState )" that I could use as part of my conditional-formatting formula, but I wasn't able to find one.

Any ideas?

Outcomes