raykennedy

Basic Charts

Discussion created by raykennedy on Jun 6, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2017 by erolst

It's the simple things that seem to trick me up sometimes. Never really did much with charts in FMP.

Just testing out one now where I want to get number of sales shown on y axis in a line chart by month/year on the x axis but want them grouped by month  so it would show in Jan there were 4 sales and March 2 sales etc instead of individually like it is showing in the screen shot.

I attached some screen shots to better illustrate my setup. The problem is that it won't group the dates by month. I did notice one thing in the graph on the x axis when I select date I get a question mark and will only show month and year if I have number selected. The Field it is a date field and these were imported as dates with no errors. Is it possible FMP is still not recognizing it as a date but that would be odd since it is able to decipher Month Name and Year based off that field when calculated.

I do have this sorted by the date so not sure why it is not working. If anyone recognizes something I did wrong, please feel free to point that out. I got a feeling I am missing something probably pretty obvious.

Outcomes