I am trying to do data entry using a Bluetooth Apple keyboard connected to my iPad, which is using FileMaker Go to connect to a database hosted on FMPA16. I've tested this with FM Go 14, 15, and 16.
On a new record, I can use tab navigation to navigate to a field that is formatted as a pop-up menu, checkbox, or radio set, however there is no way for me to navigate between and/or select the options.
I've attached a test file where this can be verified:
- Open in FMP, turn on sharing for the file
- Open in FM Go on iPad
- Connect Bluetooth keyboard to iPad
- New record (cursor automatically enters field A)
- Tab to field B (pop-up menu expands)
- I should be able to use the Bluetooth keyboard's arrow keys, letter keys, return/enter, spacebar, or something to select one of the options
- I should be able to tab out of the field using the keyboard
- FM becomes effectively unresponsive until I use my finger or a stylus to tap the screen (either to select a popover option or to tap outside the popover menu to close it)
- Pressing Tab will enter the field but will not enter it
- Pressing shift-tab will go to the next field instead of the previous field.
In addition to the frustration, I imagine this is also an accessibility problem, unless I'm missing something obvious.
I apologize if this is a duplicate report; I tried searching for similar reports but couldn't find any using the search parameters I tried.