I'm running Web Direct on an Amazon EC2 instance The instance is running Windows Server 2016.
Before I get into my questions, let me get the essential things out of the way:
- All required ports are open via EC2 (Security Group) and the Windows Firewall is turned off.
- I am able to access the database using FileMaker Remote.
- I can access the database via WebDirect if I'm RDP'd into the machine on AWS.
- The machine has an Elastic IP (i.e., it's static).
So now let me tell you the issue. I cannot connect to the database via WebDirect from my office computer. I can see the list of databases in the main WebDirect screen, host-ip-address/fmi/webd, but once I click on one, nothing happens.
When it does fail, what I see is that the beginning of the URL has switched from the public IP to the private IP of the server. That leads me to my next questions:
- Do I need to change the "network" on the server to "public"?
- How do I get WebDirect to only use the public IP?
- When I go into the Admin Console, it shows the private, not the public IP. Is that the problem? If so, how do I fix it.
Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Wizard Consulting Group, Inc.