AnsweredAssumed Answered

INSERT FROM URL Encoding Issue

Question asked by fmpdude on Jun 8, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 8, 2017 by fmpdude

Trying to pass a string as a GET parameter from FMPA 14 using INSERT FROM URL works fine for certain (read: simple) strings. But it doesn't appear that FMP correctly encodes more complicated strings that contain "?" and some other characters.

For example: (?=^[0-5\\-]+$)(?!.*4321)\\d{3}-\\d{3}-\\d{4}

Will not be correctly encoded by FMP and then received by the web service using INSERT FROM URL (with automatic encoding) and won't work.

-----

If I first encode this string in Java using the simple (one-liner) Encode method with UTF-8, I get this encoded string:

%28%3F%3D%5E%5B0-5%5C-%5D%2B%24%29%28%3F%21.*4321%29%5Cd%7B3%7D-%5Cd%7B3%7D-%5Cd%7B4%7D

This string, on the other hand, will work from FMP (after I first create it in Java, that is).

So, I'm now wondering why FMP can't encode the string correctly to begin with. Can FMP only correctly encode "simple" strings?

This INSERT FROM URL "Encoding" issue looks like a bug to me, or maybe this is where version 16 comes in to play?

Just curious -- what does version 16 give you with Encoding the example RegEx above? Does it match the encoding I listed above?

Thanks,

Outcomes