3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2017 3:55 AM by beverly

fmp6 re-development - open file

globe11123

Currently I'm re-developing a solution which is based on fmp6, I've converted the file up fmp12.

I've imported fields and got all the relationships working.

I'm now looking at the scripts but I've noticed in fp6 that the method to go to a layout on a different table was to use [Open File].

I have combined all of the files and layouts into one solution now, would it suffice just using [Go To Layout]?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm not familiar with the methods of the older FM Pro's.

• 1. Re: fmp6 re-development - open file
          wimdecorte

globe11123 wrote:

I have combined all of the files and layouts into one solution now, would it suffice just using [Go To Layout]?

Yes.

• 3. Re: fmp6 re-development - open file
            beverly

I might make a copy of all v.6 files and convert them to .fmp12.

Then the conversion will make all the corrections for you. You may still need to verify that everything works, but at least you can see what current methods are used.

I don't remember when

Today

became:

Get ( CurrentDate)

for example, but these kinds of things would be "fixed". 

Answer on

Go to Layout

for another file and it's layouts:

(From help:)

The Go to Layout script step can only take you tolayouts defined in the same file as the script itself. To go to layouts in an external file, define a script in that file using the Go to Layout script step, and call that script from the first file using the Perform Script script step.

But you have been wise to combine everything into one. So Go to Layout is fine.

Sent from miPhone

1 of 1 people found this helpful