6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2017 8:57 AM by TSGal

Get(ModifiedFields) CWP does not trigger

kvdb

Product and version: FileMaker server 16.0.1.184

OS and version: Sierra 10.12.5

Browser and version: Latest Safari / Firefox / Chrome / ...

Hardware: \

Description: Get(ModifiedFields) does not trigger when an record is updated through CWP (XML)

How to replicate Create an table with some fields and one auto enter field that contains the calculation Get(ModifiedFields). When editing the records in FileMaker Pro, the calculation gets trigger. When editing through XML the calculation does not trigger (have not tested PHP but I assume it's the same result, I did tested however the FileMaker Date API (same problem)). When running an FileMaker script in the same CWP request that edits the record the calculation gets executed.

Workaround Run a script besides your query to trigger the field

Don't know if its intentional that this does not get triggered, but it seems only through the web that causes this problem.

• 1. Re: Get(ModifiedFields) CWP does not trigger
          TSGal

kvdb:

Thank you for your post.

Get (ModifiedFields) only updates when the referenced field in the calculation has been changed.  Since you don't reference a field in the calculation formula, it won't re-evaluate.  Try changing your calculation by adding the fields being referenced in it.  For example:

Evaluate ( "Get(ModifiedFields)" ; [<field1>;<field2>;<field3>;...] )

That way, whenever <field1>, <field2>, etc. value changes, the calculation will also be updated.

Let me know if the issue still occurs.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Get(ModifiedFields) CWP does not trigger
            kvdb

Hi TSGal

Well in my field I have the following calculation :

Let ( [

trigger = REC_Modification_Timestamp

];

Get(ModifiedFields)

)

The field REC_Modification_Timestamp has the box Modification (Timestamp (Date and Time) ticked on. So for every record change this fields get triggered. I use this field in my calculation to determine the modified fields. When I am on FileMaker Pro it work, but on the web it does not.

I also tried once with your suggested solution but the same result. Works on FileMaker Pro but not in web

• 3. Re: Get(ModifiedFields) CWP does not trigger
              TSGal

kvdb:

Thank you for the information.

Is the modification occurring when the record is open?  Or, are you just making the update?  That is, in FileMaker Pro, the record is automatically open when you edit a field, but in Custom Web Publishing, the update can be done without the record being opened (much like dragging and dropping in FileMaker Pro).  With that said, I don't know if this is a limitation, so I have sent all information to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Get(ModifiedFields) CWP does not trigger
                TSGal

kvdb:

Testing is unable to replicate the issue and has asked for a sample database file and the XML.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Get(ModifiedFields) CWP does not trigger
                  TSGal

kvdb:

Confirmation that your file has been received.  Thank you.

The file has been sent to Testing for review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Get(ModifiedFields) CWP does not trigger
                    TSGal

kvdb:

Testing has reproduced the issue.  All information has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.