3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2017 8:58 AM by gmainis

    Get(ApplicationVersion) BUG


      FM 16 Get(ApplicationVersion) does not work as expected or as the documentation states when running thru PSOS.  The expected return answer would be "Server" as in the previous version when PSOS is called, however in 16 it returns the workstation.  Obviously Get(HostApplicationVersion) works as expected.


      This is that new feature?  Because it screwed up all my PSOS code that worked in 15.

        • 1. Re: Get(ApplicationVersion) BUG



          Thank you for the report. I'm moving your question to Report a Product Issue so that our support team will see it.

          • 2. Re: Get(ApplicationVersion) BUG



            Thank you for your post.


            I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:


            1. I created a database file with a Name field.  I entered one record where Name = "TSGal"


            2. I created a script "Server Script" with the following commands:

              Go to Layout [ "Table" ; Animation: None ]

              Enter Browse Mode [ Pause: Off ]

              Go to Record/Request/Page [ First ]

              Set Field [ Table::Name ; Get (ApplicationVersion) ]

              Commit Records/Requests [ With dialog: Off ]


            3. I created a second script, "Execute PSOS", with the script steps:

              Perform Script on Server [ Wait for completion: On ; "Server Script" ]

              Pause/Resume Script [ Duration ( seconds ): 1 ]

              Refresh Window


            4. I turned on Network Sharing, turned off Auto-Login, set Admin account password to "admin".


            5. The file was uploaded to FileMaker Server 16.


            6. I opened the hosted file using FileMaker Pro 16.


            7. I executed the script "Execute PSOS".  The Name field now shows "Server 16.0.1".


            Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.



            FileMaker, Inc.

            • 3. Re: Get(ApplicationVersion) BUG

              works now.