Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. I created a database file with a Name field. I entered one record where Name = "TSGal"
2. I created a script "Server Script" with the following commands:
Go to Layout [ "Table" ; Animation: None ]
Enter Browse Mode [ Pause: Off ]
Go to Record/Request/Page [ First ]
Set Field [ Table::Name ; Get (ApplicationVersion) ]
Commit Records/Requests [ With dialog: Off ]
3. I created a second script, "Execute PSOS", with the script steps:
Perform Script on Server [ Wait for completion: On ; "Server Script" ]
Pause/Resume Script [ Duration ( seconds ): 1 ]
4. I turned on Network Sharing, turned off Auto-Login, set Admin account password to "admin".
5. The file was uploaded to FileMaker Server 16.
6. I opened the hosted file using FileMaker Pro 16.
7. I executed the script "Execute PSOS". The Name field now shows "Server 16.0.1".
Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.