Orlando

Button Bar Segment style getting left in styles after Button Bar style is deleted

Discussion created by Orlando on Jun 11, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2017 by TSGal

Product and version: FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.1.162

OS and version: macOS 10.12.5

Hardware: MacBook Pro 13" Retina

 

Description:

I have noticed orphaned Button Bar Segments posing up when viewing the DDR using BaseElements

After clearing out unused Button Bar styles and unnamed Button Bar segment with the same style attributes is left in the DDR with no Button Bar header

 

XML DDR output Before deleting a Button Bar style

<CustomStyles>

  <Style name="Test 2">

button_bar.FM-CE91A891-72A1-477F-BD3F-1A2111DB739B:normal .self

.......

<Style name="Test 2">

button_bar_segment.FM-CE91A891-72A1-477F-BD3F-1A2111DB739B:normal .self

 

XML DDR output After deleting a Button Bar style

 

<CustomStyles>
<Style name="">

button_bar_segment.FM-CE91A891-72A1-477F-BD3F-1A2111DB739B:normal .self

 

How to replicate:

  • Create a new file

 

  • Choose Minimalist theme to your layout

 

  • Create a Button Bar object on your layout

 

  • Modify the style in some way, I applied border and divider line thicknesses of Button Bar Line 1pt & Divider Line 0.25pt

 

  • Go Inspector > Styles ( Default with have a red down arrow in styles list )

 

  • Click on red arrow and select "Save as New Style..."

 

  • Give it a name "Test 1"

 

  • Save Changes to Theme

 

  • Output a DDR: Tools > Database Design Report... > XML > Create

 

  • Use tool of choice to open XML of the database file

 

  • Select your button bar object in layout mode and assign to the default style

 

  • Go back to database and go Inspector > Styles and select the down arrow next to "Test 1"

 

  • Choose 'Delete Style'

 

  • Save Changes to Theme

 

  • Output a DDR: Tools > Database Design Report... > XML > Create

 

  • Use tool of choice to open XML of the database file

 

  • Search for <Style name=""> in the XML

 

  • Should match the information that is part of the Test 1 style in the first DDR

 

Workaround:

None that I am aware of

 

I never noticed this happening in previous versions of FileMaker Pro Advanced

 

I have attached the file I used to test this, along with three DDR outputs, first one with 2 custom styles and then removing one at a time and outputting a DDR

 

Please let me know if there is anything else you need from me.

 

Regards

 

-- Orlando

Attachments

Outcomes