7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2017 12:39 PM by DaveRawcliffe

Adjusting Layout Graphics

DaveRawcliffe

Okay,

I "think" I understand how the "Layout Objects" window pane "WORKS".

However I am sure that I am missing or have not discovered a Key Command as to how to change multiple selected objects gradients in FMv16.

It was so simple in FMv15, select by clicks objects then select Gradients.

Grouped buttons gradients needing change in FMv16:

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 19.54.27.png

What is the Key Combo that will effect the change to all T's:  "Page 1" thru "Page 7" & "Done"

• 1. Re: Adjusting Layout Graphics
          Philip_Jaffe

Try CMD-clicking the 'T' objects then changing the appearance in the inspector.

• 2. Re: Adjusting Layout Graphics
            DaveRawcliffe

Phillip_Jaffe,

Thanks for your response. However it didn't answer the query.

What is desired is to "expose" all pertinent Grouped Button's "T", then with one Command Click the "Ts", as in FM15, and then apply universal formatting to selected.

In screen grab above all the buttons need modification, currently as far as I can figure it has to be done on one by one basis. Thus the query.

• 3. Re: Adjusting Layout Graphics
              Philip_Jaffe

yes, and if you cmd click all the 'T's you will be able to select them all without selecting the grouped button element.  Once they are all selected, you may then change all the formatting at once.

• 4. Re: Adjusting Layout Graphics
                DaveRawcliffe

Sorry Phillip,

I have tried your suggestion several times.

Cmd clicking to select the "Ts" does not work.

Gradient changes will be applied to the 1st "T" in the Stack only, the one with the "eye".

• 5. Re: Adjusting Layout Graphics
                  Philip_Jaffe

Works just fine for me:  see image:

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 12.57.01 PM.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Adjusting Layout Graphics
                    DaveRawcliffe

MacOs 10.12.5 & FMAv16

There must be some System Key Combo that is not allowing me to match your results.

The original buttons were created from a Text element with Fill & Line values applied.

With that said I punted and recreated the buttons from the Header's Button or Popover Button tool. Much faster than individually correcting each.

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 17-1.43.59.png

• 7. Re: Adjusting Layout Graphics
                      DaveRawcliffe

After further ruminating on your last response and my workaround “solution” I now see the disconnect between our points of view.

My original query was:

Based on Typing a Text Block and then applying a gradient background, perimeter line values and Text color I now have the “T” element as you have illustrated. If I had stopped there, I could then Command-click on it and other similar text blocks and adjust all at once.

Per your:

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 12.27.23.png

However, once a Text Block had a “Button Format” applied it now was a “Grouped Button” and as such each “T” had to be individually selected in-order to modify it, Command-click on a bunch of "T"s was no longer available.

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 12.31.34.png

Thus my initial query.

1 of 1 people found this helpful