AnsweredAssumed Answered

Summarizing message on a non summary field

Question asked by amerritt on Jun 12, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2017 by amerritt

Hi All,

I have a Filemaker 14 solution that is hosted and users connect to it from their homes. So it's possible that the answer to my question is simply a latency issue between the server and the user.

A user recently complained that they get a "Summarizing Field 'Name'" message whenever they visit a particular layout. What is strange is that the field "Name" on the layout is a calculated field. The calculation is: SalesPeople::first_name & " " & SalesPeople::last_name

Why would there be a summary message regarding a calculated field?

Other thoughts: They also complained that they get a "Sorting records" message on pretty much every action in that same layout. One example is that they click a tab in the layout and receive a "Sorting Records" message. The Tab has a few buttons, and some fields belonging to the layout's table. No portals or anything that I can see that would serve up multiple records that need to be sorted.

Nothing has changed on the layout, which is partly why I think it could be a latency issue, but I want to see if there is something I can do to help the symptoms.

Thanks!

Outcomes